Even without your regular spa facials, facial masking once or twice every week makes a huge difference. Here is a mask made of lemon, turmeric & baking soda, readily available ingredients that are possibly sitting in your kitchen drawer.
On this page
The baking soda gently exfoliates and softens the skin.
The turmeric will smooth out wrinkles and reduce hyperpigmentation, scars, blemishes, and acne.
The lemon juice helps to brighten your overall complexion and helps fade dark spots.
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon of baking soda
- 1 tablespoon of turmeric
- Mix the lemon juice, baking soda, and turmeric together in a small dish. You should end up with a paste-like consistency. If it’s too runny, add a bit more turmeric.
- Wash off all makeup, dirt, and debris with your regular face wash and pat your skin dry.
- Apply the mask mixture to your face using circular motions.
- Leave on your skin for 5-15 minutes. You should feel some tingling and tightening of the mask. If your skin starts to burn, remove the mask immediately.
- Remove the mask with a lukewarm washcloth, using circular motions until the skin is completely clean.
- Close your pores! Use the coldest water you can stand on your washcloth, and pat it across your face. Pat dry.
- Moisturize with your favorite moisturizer!
- Apply sunscreen!
Note: Do a test on a patch of your arm, before applying this to your whole face.
Last Updated on May 15, 2020