Are you yet to grasp the beauty of Brazilian sugar waxing? It is a safe, natural, and cost-effective way of keeping unwanted pubic hair at bay with minimal discomfort. In this post, you will learn what is involved in Brazilian sugar waxing, its benefits, and our technique for a more pleasant waxing experience.
On this page
Brazilian sugar waxing
Brazilian sugar waxing is simply Brazilian waxing with warm and soft sugar paste and waxing strips which is the focus of this post.
Brazilian waxing is the removal of all hair in the female pubic area (groin area or private parts) till the anus or leaving only a ‘landing strip’ or triangle in front using any kind of wax.
- It is gentler than bees and other synthetic wax. The sugar paste only sticks to the hair and not the skin. Consequently, by only pulling the hair and not the skin, you get less pain and less irritation.
- No hair for 4-6+ weeks. No grooming your pubic zone for 5 minutes before every shower!
- It is safe; no cuts and burns. The sugar paste is made of lemon, sugar, and water; thus natural and safe even for those with very sensitive skin & a tendency for allergies.
- No itching and no ingrown hair; the sugar paste removes hair in the direction that it grows. This puts less strain on the hair so it’s less likely to break either above or below the skin decreasing the chances of ingrown hairs.
- The sugar paste remaining after hair removal is easy to clean as it easily dissolves.
- Soft and subtle regrowth. With consistency, hairs grow back thinner, finer & more scattered.
- No hair gets missed; no matter how thin or flexible you are, there’s no way you see and reach all the parts a Brazilian waxing gets.
- It exfoliates; the dead cells and dirt on the pubic zone are picked up by the sugar paste along with the hair leaving your skin feeling soft and smooth.
- Sanitize the pubic area and remove dirt with a cotton swab soaked in spirit.
- Sprinkle talcum powder on the area to absorb excess moisture and help the sugar wax adhere better.
- Thinly apply soft warm wax to the pubic hair using a spatula.
- Apply a paper strip to the hair and press firmly to let it adhere to the wax and the wax to the skin.
- Quickly rip the strip against the direction of hair growth to remove the hair from the follicle.
- Remove the remaining powder and wax not removed with the strip with a wet cloth.
- Sooth and moisturize the area. I usually use coconut oil.
Technique to make Brazilian waxing more pleasant
Sugar waxing barely hurts when done properly. When working in the groin zone, I care more about minimizing pain by;
- Systematically working in small batches.
- Applying the sugar paste & removing the hair based on the anatomical structure of the area and not the hair growth direction rule.
- Stretching the skin in the direction against the hair growth when removing the hair.
What happens in a Brazilian waxing appointment
- Your lower half will be fully exposed. Before getting waxed, you will have to strip off your pants and underwear. For the simple bikini line style, you may have your underwear on.
- Your waxing therapist will get up-close and personal, very personal. Depending on how much hair you are having removed, the experience may involve a lot (for lack of a better term) spreading. In order to give your waxing therapist access to all spots you are getting waxed, be aware that you occasionally may need to assist or move into awkward positions. Don’t be shy, we observe professional etiquette.
Side-effects of Brazilian waxing
- It hurts for some people more than others. Virgin hair is usually coarse and thick, hence more stubborn to remove. As a result, you may see redness in the waxed area.
- Your skin may be irritated. Your skin is might be red and irritated. Wear loose clothing afterward. Avoid friction on the waxed areas lest you may wind up with even more irritation or ingrown hairs in the waxed area. The redness should go away overnight. If the irritation persists you can a hydrocortisone cream (available over the counters) to calm the irritation.
We’ve converted tons of non-waxing ladies into dedicated sugar waxers and they vouch for our “painless” Brazilian waxing experience.
Is it your time to convert? Before scheduling your appointment, I recommend to have a look at our post on how to prepare for your waxing appointment for a more pleasant experience.
Share the post if you like it. Got questions/comments? Get in touch via email.
Last Updated on September 22, 2022